How to Set Accessibility Settings in macOS for SayIt
When installing SayIt on a Mac
, you will get prompted to configure accessibility settings when you first launch SayIt. This setting allows SayIt to interact with macOS for keyboard interaction as well as to be able to transfer text to apps on your mac. Here are instructions on how to do this;
1. When you get the accessibility prompt shown below, click the Open Accessibility Pane button
Then the System Preference Window will open
2. Click the Lock icon in the bottom left to make changes. You will be prompted to enter your computer password. Enter your password and click Unlock
3. On the right hand side of the System Preferences Window, scroll through the list until you find the SayIt Canada item and click to check it off
Note 1: You may not see the .app at the end of the item names. This is OK.
Note 2: If you don't see the entry for SayIt Canada, you may still be launching the app the old way in which case you should look for an item in the list called java and check that off. Although using it this way may work, it is highly recommended that you setup a shortcut to the SayIt app using these instructions
4. You can close the System Preferences window by clicking the red X on the top left. Then close the SayIt Enable Accessibility dialog box by clicking Exit.
5. Now re-launnch SayIt and it should just go straight to the login window
How to use the nVoq Wireless Microphone (iPhone or Android) with SayIt
To use the nVoq Wireless Microphone with SayIt, follow these instructions: 1. Download the nVoq Wireless Microphone from with the App Store for iOS devices (iPhone) or the Google Play Store for Android devices. Note: On the Play Store, there are two ...
How To Setup SayIt on a Mac - Updated
Note: Current version of SayIt is 16.1 and the minimum support macOS version is 10.15 however it is highly recommended to update to macOS 11. M1 processors are now supported as well. Just be sure to enable code signing in step 7.3 to ensure local USB ...
SayIt Window Very Small and Window Text Hard To Read
If you are running SayIt and find that the window is extremely small and text is very hard to read, this may be caused by a very high resolution display. I have only seen this issue so far on a Microsoft Surface Pro running Windows 10 with a ...
Unable to launch SayIt - Troubleshooting
Here you will find various SayIt Launch Issues and Troubleshooting Tips SayIt Launches with the wrong program or just opens a command window and closes If when trying to launch SayIt, a different application opens ie: Windows Media Player, or you run ...
Audio Recognition Not Working For Any Sources with SayIt
If you are running SayIt and the application launches and seems to work find but you can't put it in record mode nor get the microphone wizard to work, check to see if the user has Fast Dictation enabled. If so, disable this and try again. When using ...