How To Setup SayIt on a Mac - Updated
Note: Current version of SayIt is 17.0 and the minimum support macOS version is 11 however it is highly recommended to update to macOS 11. M1 processors are now supported as well. Just be sure to enable code signing in step 7.3 to ensure local USB microphone capabilities.
- Install Java if not yet installed (www.java.com)
- Open the Apple Script Editor
- You can click the magnifying glass at the top right of the screen to open Spotlight and typing in Script Editor and press Return
- You can also just press Command+Space to open Spotlight and then type in Script Editor and press Return
- Click New Document at the prompt that opens
- In the script editor window, paste in the following command; (Copy the whole line below including the do shell script)
do shell script "javaws https://
- Your script editor window should look like this;
- From the Menu, click File->Export
- In the Export dialog that appears, change the following values;
- Change the Name to SayIt Canada
- Change the File Format from Script to Application
- Click the Code Sign dropdown and select Sign to run locally. You MUST do this even if it is already selected due to a bug in the script editor.
- Change the Save location to Desktop
- Click Save
- You can now close the Script Editor by clicking the Script Editor menu and choosing Quit
- In the box that pops up asking you to save, you can click the Delete button as we have already saved the script.
- You can now launch SayIt from the Desktop Icon
- You will get a prompt to Enable Accessibility as shown below;
- Click the open Accessibility Pane button
- Click the Lock Icon at on the window, enter your password
- Scroll through the list on the right and find the SayIt Canada item and check it off then close the Preferences Window
- Click the Exit button on the Accessibility window the re-launch SayIt
- If you are using a microphone connected to your mac, the only other thing you will need to do is the first time you go into record, you may get a prompt asking if SayIt can use the microphone. Click Allow.
How to use the nVoq Wireless Microphone (iPhone or Android) with SayIt
To use the nVoq Wireless Microphone with SayIt, follow these instructions: 1. Download the nVoq Wireless Microphone from with the App Store for iOS devices (iPhone) or the Google Play Store for Android devices. Note: On the Play Store, there are two ...
How to Set Accessibility Settings in macOS for SayIt
When installing SayIt on a Mac, you will get prompted to configure accessibility settings when you first launch SayIt. This setting allows SayIt to interact with macOS for keyboard interaction as well as to be able to transfer text to apps on your ...
Unable to launch SayIt - Troubleshooting
Here you will find various SayIt Launch Issues and Troubleshooting Tips SayIt Launches with the wrong program or just opens a command window and closes If when trying to launch SayIt, a different application opens ie: Windows Media Player, or you run ...
SayIt Window Very Small and Window Text Hard To Read
If you are running SayIt and find that the window is extremely small and text is very hard to read, this may be caused by a very high resolution display. I have only seen this issue so far on a Microsoft Surface Pro running Windows 10 with a ...
Audio Recognition Not Working For Any Sources with SayIt
If you are running SayIt and the application launches and seems to work find but you can't put it in record mode nor get the microphone wizard to work, check to see if the user has Fast Dictation enabled. If so, disable this and try again. When using ...